Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ashes

By: Ilsa J. Bick
Rated: 4.7
Released: September 6, 2011

Alex had just gone to look for some peace. I way of getting away from it all. What she found instead was not what she had expected. Set in a near future in which enemies of the U.S. have set off nuclear bombs, and EMP's this book is sure to thrill even the most timid of dystopian readers. Children have turned canibalistic, and those who remained are a rarity known only as the Spared. With people developing super-senses, and true-love trying to make a scene, this book is amazing.
Okay, I must admit that I loved this book. There wasn't as much action as I would've liked, but for some reason I still liked this book. And I think that others will too. Alex is actually a very likable character. Ellie.....not so much.
The idea behind the book is quite original, and I don't think that I've ever seen a book with this theme. The book is well researched though. I must admit to that. Although, it's more of a prequel to another book. It just has that prequel kind of feel to it. I hope that there will be a second book, and the end of the book leaves the reader hoping for more. Maybe this is the first in a very good series of book. Who knows?
Even though this is a short review, I'm going to have to bring this blog-post to a close. I am in the process of relocating, and I have to start packing. My next review, whenever that is, will be on Pittacus Lore's newest book: (I Am Number Four) The Lost Files Six's Legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment